Use Category III codes for percutaneous facet fusion
Question: Have you heard of a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician performing a percutaneous facet fusion? I’ve not coded a fusion in quite some time and can’t locate the CPT codes.
THANK YOU for requesting an article from ortho.decisionhealth.com.
You must be logged in to view the article you requested. If you are a subscriber to the Orthopedic Coder's Pink Sheet, please log in by clicking the login button below.
If you are not a subscriber, please take a moment to subscribe so that you can access the article you’re seeking right away, plus the full suite of features and content found on this site.
- ORTHOPEDIC CODER’s PINK SHEET NEWSLETTER – 12 monthly issues that deliver guidance to simplify your day-to-day orthopedic coding challenges and prevent errors that cost your practice valuable reimbursement, plus timely news and advance word of coding changes so that you quickly spot new billing opportunities.
- ORTHO CODER CODESEARCH APPLICATION – timesaving online lookup for CPT, HCPCS and ICD codes, descriptors, guidelines, lay descriptions, and illustrations. Plus, Orthopedic Coder’s Pink Sheet articles indexed to the applicable code saves you even more time!
- REVENUE MANAGEMENT TOOLS – lookup Medicare fees, RVUs, and payment indicators for CPT codes.
- ORTHO PHYSICIAN TIPSHEETS – a full archive of quick training sheets for physician-coders or those who train physician coders on applicable coding documentation rules.
- CODING COVERAGE DETERMATIONS AND MANUALS – official resources culled in one place.
- ORTHO CODING SCENARIOS & FAQs – test your skills with orthopedic “Code This” challenges, tap an archive of expert-answered orthopedic coding questions (and submit your own), and/or join a forum of your orthopedic coding colleagues for real-world solutions to your specialty coding challenges.
- VALIDATION TOOLS (premium level service only) – from facility and non-facility CCI edits to ASA crosslinks, Modifier crosslinks, and CPT-ICD crosschecks coders can ensure their code choices will pass billing department muster.
Orthopedic Coder’s Pink Sheet and its companion website, ortho.decisionhealth.com, are the specialty-specific tools that will enable you to take control in the face of the swiftly changing health care landscape.
30-DAY 100% No-Risk Guarantee — By using the tips, tools and expert coding guidance you receive as a subscriber, you will save enough in improved coding efficiency and decreased coding-related denials to more than cover your subscription cost or we’ll refund your subscription fee!